We are seeking an upbeat, forward-thinking Quality Technician with a positive, can-do attitude to assure and control the highest possible quality standards for our beer The Lab Technician is a key member of our Quality team who monitors production, performs all lab tests, prepares reports and provides analysis to Brewmaster, Plant Manager, Brewery/Packaging team and other applicable team members. Consistently monitors both beer and packaged specifications to ensure it meets all criteria.
- Performs quality control/assurance checks in the brewery
- Analyzes raw materials, product that is being processed, and finished beer
- Collects, organizes and reports QA/QC data from raw materials through packaging
- Maintains, calibrates and verifies accuracy of equipment and instrumentation
- Works closely with the production staff
- Monitors and records analytical process control (DO’s, TPO’s, packaging spec’s, etc.)
- Performs taste analysis of products
- Conducts quality audits throughout the production environment
- Maintains and updates quality assurance/control Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Ensuring lab is clean and organized
- Other duties as required
- Prior QA/QC experience
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Coachable – ability to learn, adapt, and grow professionally
- Focused and determined work ethic
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize multiple demands.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience in brewery or food/beverage industry
- Prior experience in a brewery lab
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
- Willingness to occasionally work nights, weekends, or holidays as necessary is required.
Applying for Quality Assurance Technician