Our “High Peaks” series is a line of beers that are bigger, more complex and flavorful. Beers that are meant to be sipped and savored.
Farm to Tap - Fresh Hop IPA is a specially brewed beer made with locally grown New York State Heirloom and Cascade hops. These hops were hand picked by friends of Saranac to create this one of a kind, delicious IPA. Brewed less than 24 hours after picking, you’ll notice the distinct hop freshness and citrusy herbal flavor.
- BEER STYLE:Fresh Hop IPA
- MALTS:North American 2-Row & European Specialty Malts
- HOPS:New York State Grown Heirloom, Cascade, Centennial, Magnum and Nugget hops from Wrobel Farms, Bridgewater, NY
- FOOD PAIRINGS:Grilled Lamb, Smoked Beef Brisket
- CHEESE PAIRINGS:Sharp Cheeses, American Blue
Brewed as a full-bodied robust Baltic-style porter with five different hops and four different malts. Chocolate malt, blood orange peel and the finest hand-selected, purest cacao nibs give this beer its dark chocolate roasted flavor finished off with a unique surprise from blood orange peel. You’re in for a treat.
- BEER STYLE:Baltic Porter with Cacao and Orange Peel
- MALTS:2 Row, Dark Crystal and Chocolate Malt
- HOPS:Cascade, Saphir
- FOOD PAIRINGS:Smoked or Roasted Game, Duck, Dark Chocolate
- CHEESE PAIRINGS:Roquefort, Stilton
Belgian Style Saison with a unique fermented grape finish
- BEER STYLE:Saison/Fruit Beer Hybrid
- MALTS:North American Two Row Barley
- HOPS:Hallertau Blanc, Mandarina Bavaria, Huell Melon
- SPECIAL INGREDIENTS:Traminette Grape Juice from Walkers Fruit Farm in Forestville, NY
Saranac Imperial IPA is brewed with 10 different malts and 10 different hops to make a delectably flavorful and complex Imperial IPA - at 85 IBUs and 8.5 % alc/vol.
- BEER STYLE:Imperial India Pale Ale
- MALTS:Two-Row, Munich, Wheat, Aromatic Victory, Carapils, Maris Otter, Vienna Caramel, Raw
- HOPS:Bravo, Cascade, English Golding, Delta, Willamette, Vanguard, German Hallertau, English Fuggle, Amarillo, Centennial
- FOOD PAIRINGS:Mexican and Curry Dishes, Grilled Steak
- CHEESE PAIRINGS:Gorgonzola, Sharp Cheddar
Saranac Imperial Stout is brewed with 11 malts to balance delicious chocolate and roasted coffee flavors with its spicy herbal character, a result of the generous hopping.
- BEER STYLE:Imperial Stout
- MALTS:Chocolate, Roasted Barley, 2 Row
- HOPS:Columbus, Summit
- FOOD PAIRINGS:Foie Gras, Dark Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate Raspberry Desserts
- CHEESE PAIRINGS:Gouda, Parmesan, Cheddar
We use lemon peel and ginger in this Saison style beer to create a unique twist. The fruity and estery aroma from Belgian yeast used in fermenting complements the lemon peel and ginger. Look for lemon citrus, ginger spice, and a slight hop nose that tops off the experience. It’s a traditional Saison, yet even more refreshing!
- BEER STYLE:Saison with Lemon Peel and Ginger
- MALTS:2 Row North American Malted Barley, Malted Wheat
- HOPS:German Saphir, Czech Saaz and U.S. Vanguard
- FOOD PAIRINGS:Chicken, Fish, Waldorf Salad
- CHEESE PAIRINGS:Camembert